My Wife Wants a Divorce From Overseas, Can It B...


In my publication this week, I discuss about all documents for divorce proceedings outside the UAE must be legalized and attested prior to being used or accepted by the local authorities in the UAE including the courts. The custody of boys under the age of 11 years and girls under the age of 13 years are very likely to given to the mother. If the custodian lives outside the UAE, a case can be filed for the custodian and the children to relocate to the UAE. However, the expenses of the children must be borne by the father. A child can be registered under the father’s name as long as the minimum gestation period under the law, which is 180 days, is satisfied.

  0 Votes    0 Comments   Share   Add Bookmark


Please login or register to comment